Monday, February 21, 2011
TV Report - A `UFO' Hoaxer Steps Forward In Utah
Oh my. Ready for a little `twist' to the whole `dropping orbs' saga of the recent past? -------- Yeah, me neither; but, I feel obligated to bring you this `news'. Seems an `artist' (the TV report seemingly paints this guy as a tinkerer-mad scientist-artist) had rigged up an array of technical but relatively simple equipment to pull off a - red triangle in the sky that dropped an `orblike' flare looking substance - while no divulging his whole technique, think helium, plastic bags, flares, Lazar's (?) .... and you would be close.
As he said:
`was just experimenting and when he saw the news reports, he decided to do it again.
He showed ABC4 his video of the latest event, and says there’s a reason why he’s coming forward,” I don't want it to spiral out of control and turn into something more than it needs to be so I thought I’d come forward now.
"It was just a little fun,” he admits and adds the reason why he won’t tell us exactly how he did it is because he likes, “a little skepticism and mystery.”
And Smith says he realizes many won’t believe him, and will say he’s just taking credit but the Lehi father tells us to trust him because the only alien is him' (29 VIEWS)
And, Clockers - This is his own video - with about 7,600 views, that he says he is responsible for:
And, this is the description NOW posted with the video: (after coming forward)
February 14, 2011
48 likes, 3 dislikes
This "UFO" was launched Feb. 14 2011 from my back yard. It consisted of garbage bags full of helium with flares suspended below (with steel wire for obvious reasons, and a few other details have been left out). This launch consisted of five flares with model rocket fuse to delay ignition so they only illuminate once they were several thousand feet up. I know a lot of people are upset about this being a "hoax" or whatever you want to call it. Bottom line is, it is what it is, and it looked awesome!! I am not trying to debunk real UFO's, I tend to lean more towards them existing than not, either extraterrestrial or not. I know there are a lot of people who spend some serious time and devotion researching and looking into sightings.
This is one of the reasons I came forward, I didn't want people wasting there serious time and effort on a "snipe hunt". Fun as it would have been to sit back and watch, I decided to "let the cat out of the bag" out of simple respect. I'd like to think that is something still worth having these days.
Some people have had good fun with it (http://cryptoworld.co.uk/doh-artist-andrew-smith-claims-responsibility-for-utah-lights/comment-page-1/), some still have no idea, and others have acted flat out childish in their response, (as can be seen in the comments, and if I am not mistaken, calling someone on their personal phone and threatening them probably qualifies as harassment) .
For those who still refuse to believe it was me, please refer to video response ( /watch?v=ufbSi-UTxZs) which not only shows the ignition of a third flare, along with smoke, but it is of the "UFO" that started this whole situation in the first place, on 1-26-2011. (4X8AzsOZbkg and Hb1EGsiRCMY).
Film & Animation
And, here Clockers, I provide the TV report (with video) of the Utah phenomena of Jan. 28th (TV report of a day later): - yes, I had this video Here Feb. 1st. too. :
So, what is the bottom line takeaway from all of the above - IMO?
Glad you asked, - all we can go by are the reports.
First, the tape that Mr. Smith (convenient?) indicates is his does not match the Jan. 28th cellphone video OR the descriptions by the two eyewitnesses, who both amazingly had experience with flares, claimed what they saw drop wasn't flares. Both of those Jan 28th eyewitnesses claimed 2 lights and then 3 lights (from which fell the orb or flare caught on cellphone). And, as you know from the tape uploaded by Mr. Smith, that video showed 4 distinct lights (with one having two sources, so five lights) -- NOT the 2-3 lights of the Jan. 28th video. And, the video by Mr. Smith clearly, eventually well into his video, show many many `orb-flare' drops. And, which, IMO, look FLARElike indeed. (but, conceding that they do look similar to the Jan. 28th one orb/flare drop.)
I would be more impressed with Mr. Smith's claims, especially of doing it in January (thereby implying that he was behind the Jan. 28th cellphone capture) if he had video of that event too. Certainly he would have filmed his initial efforts too? Right? ----------------- But, perhaps not, since the display was NOT as grand as his uploaded video of his more grand display that he claims was his alone. (Which I assume was in Mid-February a few days ago perhaps.). And, after he saw the hub-bub he was able to cause with his smaller display in Jan - upped the ante so to speak with his own filmed event in Feb. - more lights, more orb droppings, etc.
Actually, it is a story I'd possibly be willing to `buy into'. ---- Mr. Smith, just happened to pull off his first hoax of Salt Lake City 3 hours after the Jerusalem Orb Drop, by coincidence, but doesn't have that video - posts on YouTube as if he caught a UFO doing anomalous things in Feb. - then, changes story to claim responsibility.
TV reporter doesn't have the time to stick around to see a nighttime, one last time, demonstration. Leaving all interpretations open for TV viewer.
It's all pretty laughable. BUT, let UDCC draw a few final notions from all of this too. First, I AM INDEED VERY IMPRESSED WITH THE LENGTH OF TIME that Mr. Smith was able to hoax this sky event and the COMPLEXITY of the entire event. It would have been wonderful if someone OTHER THAN Mr. Smith had confirmation video of HIS HOAX!
That said, he does seem like a Mr. Magoo and Mr. Peabody combination. I don't doubt that this jokester put BOTH into the skies - in January which he didn't film and this one - which NO ONE else filmed. That is the weirdness of the UFO saga.
But, one must also admit, that when a Mr. Smith comes forward without proof, with claims that may in some way slightly discredit the Jerusalem Event - even as disconnected in scale as both events were - also has a slight twinge to it all too.
Ultimately, the seeking for meaning in an unrelated event - and one that was certainly NOT needed for confirmation that something unusual seemingly happened in Jerusalem on the same evening - will be remembered as little more than a footnote.
And, now, Mr. Smith will provide the proof? Or, would a return trip by the TV station be out of the question?
Thanks for visiting today - I've been doing lots of UFO posts at TAL too, please check it out - http://theanomalymanlisting.blogspot.com/ .
Philip Chen - Falling Star - Fiction?
Hard News Headlines? Today's Feb. 21st Headlines? Say No More - http://morningredditheadlines.blogspot.com/
Most Popular Reads In The Past Week Only
For a couple hundred bucks, at most, you too can be an UFO hoaxer - evidently. In a link best suited for the blog BarfStew - we have a web...
Hello, welcome to the Ufo Disclosure Countdown Clock (UDCC) - thanks for visiting and being an open-minded person. Indeed, you will have to ...
Much like the last time I looked into a `classic' UFO case - once again - I find more than ample reason to be embarrassed for those that...
- Much like yesterday's post - the latest MUFON reports are replete with compelling testimony of citizens today. The on-going `tree top&...
Once again, I continue a look into the past - as pages of UFO links are about to go up in smoke as Squidoo.com implodes (absorbed by Hub Pag...
PROMOTION - Amazon Prime For FREE! Please Use This Link! You Can `Borrow' My Books For Free!
UDCC Logo Designed By Jovale-Design
REAL OPINION SURVEYS
- I Do These `YouGov.Com' Surveys About Twice A Month And I Earn Points - Redeemable For Movie Tickets, Cash, or Merchandise - They Are Fun Surveys That Evaluate Movie Stars, Politicians, And Brands That You Use - I Would NOT Lead Clockers Astray! So Far My Account Has Over 50 Dollars In It - Seriously! - Oh, I recently (July 2nd) got this e-mail for being on the research panel ----- Thank you! In June, you and your fellow panellists appeared in the Huffington Post and the LA Times. Your views contributed to the debate on issues topping the news agenda, like the Voting Rights Act, US-Sino relations, and Paula Deen's firing by Food Network to name just three. Your opinions really do count! Plus, this month... - Edward Snowden: hero or villain? - Check out the exciting new rewards on offer to YouGov members. THIS IS FOR REAL FOLKS - YOUR OPINION CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Have You Ever Read About Instant Hypnosis?
The Very Strange World Of Hypnosis And Human Consciousness - Money Back Guarantees
UDCC - At The Beginning
Where Can You Find UDCC? - (Source, Alexa.com, Reputation Index Over 70 Websites
Latest Podcasts Of Rick Phillips
MY UFO BOOKS - THE BEST OF UDCC AND MORE
- 2014 Release - The Phillips Formula (The New Drake Equation)
- The UFO Disclosure Destruction Papers - 65 Pages
- (Includes My UFO Experience) The Myth-Representation Of UFOlogy - 52 Pages
- (My Most Reviewed Book) Shaman Lujan Matus Has Answers - 60 Pages
- (2013, New Formatting Combines My Best Selling 2006 Chicago O'Hare UFO E-Book, With 2008 Stephenville Texas UFO Events E-Book) Important UFO Sightings Of The 2000's - Almost 100 Pages
- This is a special website I've set up for an overview of each UFO book on this listing.
- UFOs - What IF - 2008-2009
- ► 2014 (128)
- ► 2013 (299)
- ► 2012 (293)
- Mysterious `Blue Spiral' In Russia Skies (Video)
- Analysis Of Lujan Matus Words Concerning 3-8-11 Pr...
- IS 3-8-11 `Alien Disclosure'? Date Disclosed In Ex...
- Ret. Col. Says UFOs Are Real, but Denies Governmen...
- UFO `Chunk' Hits Mountlake Terrace Home *updated* ...
- Real UFO Crash?
- TV Report - A `UFO' Hoaxer Steps Forward In Utah
- Eligael Gedalyovich - Who Filmed the Jerusalem UFO...
- ORBs, Extreme Possibility One And Two - Making The...
- Brazil- *It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's a FIREBAL...
- The MULTIPLE Orb Phenomena Intensifies - The Mendo...
- The Dropping Orbs Phenomena - Feb. 15th, 2011
- Did A Toronto ORB PRECEDE The Jerusalem Orb Event?...
- The UFO Video Illusions Of February 12th, 2011 - P...
- The UFO Video Illusions Of Feb. 12th, 2011 - NEW J...
- `The Agency' Predicts UFOs Over White House - Toda...
- The Sept. 2010 `Ghostly' UFOs In China
- Radar Data Suggests DOZENS of UFOs Near Pittsburgh...
- The Four Jerusalem UFO Video Perspectives
- The `Shelf-Life' Of UFO Events - AND - (Please No)...
- Hold On; ANOTHER `Recent' Jerusalem Orb Video Show...
- Today's Jerusalem Israel UFO Video - Full PreEvent...
- The Crapology Of UFOlogy - Or - Making Sense of Re...
- FOURTH Jerusalem Video Surfaces
- Israel AND UTAH UFO Videos Move Disclosure Clock T...
- ▼ February (25)
- ► 2010 (88)
- ► 2009 (28)
- ► 2008 (15)
UDCC Posts Of Broad Interest Prior To 2010
- Should Mainstream Media DEMAND To See The Outcome Of FAA UFO Reports Given to Robert Bigelow?
- Strange UFO `Thoughts' As The Decade Ends-Begins Without American Disclosure
- Could These `Chile Lights' Be What Systematic UFO Disclosure Looks Like?
- What The UK's Ministry Of Defense's Shut Down Of UFO Investigations Could Mean For Disclosure
- Could Jesse Ventura's TruTv Show Help UFO Disclosure?
- Exopolitics Movement Discredited By Stupid Prediction Of Obama Alien Disclosure
- Web' Predicts Obama Alien Disclosure On Nov. 27th?
- Exopolitics Greer - Makes Disclosure Plea
- Are Humans `Entertainment' For BILLION Year Old Entiites?
- Awareness Of The 1952 Washington D.C. UFO Flap
- The Outrageous Possibilities Raised By The Mexico Orb Releasing UFO
- Over The Top `UFO Abduction' Videos -- Ignore? Or, Watch?