Hello, and welcome to the UFO Disclosure Countdown Clock (UDCC) - thanks for visiting today. And, yes, the opening words of the title of today's post was indeed part of a song by Klaatu in 1977. (For the full and interesting story about the REAL origin of the words - see wiki's link at the bottom.) Interestingly, during that exact timeframe - a UFO study called Project Identification was being conducted over a 7 year period (1973-1979) that identified and quantified `lights in the sky'.
Ultimately, the mainly Missouri observation project would have over 600 observers in 158 viewing locations who observed 157 `light/orb/ufo' type of events (mostly in 1973). These 157 events actually had 178 UFO's with one observation of 10 lights. Many of these observations were made by physical scientists who had university equipment such as telescopes, a magnetometer- Geiger counters, a spectrum analyzer and so on.
I came across this info while surfing http://www.anomalist.com/ just the other day where this link contained the UFO study information you see above and more at http://www.mysterious-america.net/piedmont,missour.html . Indeed, this also was in the article:
In 1967 scattered reports of strange lights and disc-shaped objects hovering and moving over the Mississippi River along southeast Missouri were made to local and other authorities. .....By early 1973 UFO activity to the west of this area had increased to such an extent that virtually all the state's newspapers and tv stations were routinely issuing stories....hundreds of people were seeing odd, multi-colored lights darting around in the sky, popping on and off, changing colors and shape, and instantly changing directions. Ufologists with the ET belief system tend to ignore most anomalous "night-light" reports, but none of the mainstream ufologists dug deep enough to understand the more intriguing aspects of the reports from this area. But many people also reported these lights came close to their homes and when closely viewed, they looked like "craft," sometimes saucer-shaped......Perhaps the oddest finding of all was that everyone on the team was convinced that the objects responded to being observed. The project cites 32 cases where the UFOs directly responded to the ground station observers. Rutledge and his team concluded that the objects were aware of their presence and would interact with them, sometimes seemingly toying with them. As the project began to wind down, Rutledge noted in later interviews that some balls of plasma, 2-6 inches in diameter, would actually follow him around and even appear inside buildings. He found, as do many people who become intrigued by the UFO phenomenon, that the deeper you go into it, starange things begin happening. An observation once made by John Keel seems appropriate. Keel mentioned that if you notice and become interested in the phenomenon, it can notice you and become interested in you. That is essentially what Rutledge concluded
And, frankly, just like that, Greer's `vectoring' becomes a possibility; as does Dean Clark's callings (which when observed by a MUFON investigator was categorized as `spiritual') http://aliencasebook.blogspot.com/2008/09/kentucky-man-has-more-ufo-sightings.html ; and, yes, even Prophet Yahweh.
But, it doesn't take too hard of an internet search to produce almost any number of individuals who are going out and videotaping `Orbs' - balls of light - Tulpas -- and perhaps yes - UFO's or ET crafts of some sort, almost on a daily basis. (It is also possible that the phenomena may simply `look like' a saucer for human perception consumption.)
As you may know, I've covered this very `issue' before http://ufodisclosurecountdownclock.blogspot.com/2008/09/how-to-see-ufos.html but, that was BEFORE my awareness of this study that concluded over 30 years ago. Importantly, the observers back in the 70's DID NOT have prior reports or memes of the internet to taint their observations.
Indeed, those events and the ones of our current era (there are reports of `balls of light' all the time in the MUFON reports and others that talk about the lights `following' people or cars) deserve MUCH more than a passing interest or glance as far as trying to figure out at least PART of the UFO phenomena.
It also points out the need to have a hugely open mind when it comes to the full range of this anomalous phenomena. And, it is certainly possible that MORE than one type of phenomena is operating with similar structures of perception to humans.
---> I have more UFO links here http://www.squidoo.com/anomalymantopvisitorlinks
Monday, April 26, 2010
Most Popular Reads In The Past Week Only
When I began Strange State UFO as a subreddit at Reddit.Com - I had little to no `internet traffic', of course. That has now built int...
For a couple hundred bucks, at most, you too can be an UFO hoaxer - evidently. In a link best suited for the blog BarfStew - we have a web...
Yesterday when I brought to Clockers the various UFO subreddits at Reddit.Com I found some good content - like the video below that was repo...
This one from the LATEST MUFON reports comes complete with an intense drawing. The incident of the hovering object happened in Graham, Washi...
We all must keep in mind what is possible these days with drones, RCs (same thing), and balloons and people with time on their hands. That s...
PROMOTION - Amazon Prime For FREE! Please Use This Link! You Can `Borrow' My Books For Free!
UDCC Logo Designed By Jovale-Design
REAL OPINION SURVEYS
- I Do These `YouGov.Com' Surveys About Twice A Month And I Earn Points - Redeemable For Movie Tickets, Cash, or Merchandise - They Are Fun Surveys That Evaluate Movie Stars, Politicians, And Brands That You Use - I Would NOT Lead Clockers Astray! So Far My Account Has Over 50 Dollars In It - Seriously! - Oh, I recently (July 2nd) got this e-mail for being on the research panel ----- Thank you! In June, you and your fellow panellists appeared in the Huffington Post and the LA Times. Your views contributed to the debate on issues topping the news agenda, like the Voting Rights Act, US-Sino relations, and Paula Deen's firing by Food Network to name just three. Your opinions really do count! Plus, this month... - Edward Snowden: hero or villain? - Check out the exciting new rewards on offer to YouGov members. THIS IS FOR REAL FOLKS - YOUR OPINION CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Have You Ever Read About Instant Hypnosis?
The Very Strange World Of Hypnosis And Human Consciousness - Money Back Guarantees
UDCC - At The Beginning
Where Can You Find UDCC? - (Source, Alexa.com, Reputation Index Over 70 Websites
Latest Podcasts Of Rick Phillips
MY UFO BOOKS - THE BEST OF UDCC AND MORE
- 2014 Release - The Phillips Formula (The New Drake Equation)
- The UFO Disclosure Destruction Papers - 65 Pages
- (Includes My UFO Experience) The Myth-Representation Of UFOlogy - 52 Pages
- (My Most Reviewed Book) Shaman Lujan Matus Has Answers - 60 Pages
- (2013, New Formatting Combines My Best Selling 2006 Chicago O'Hare UFO E-Book, With 2008 Stephenville Texas UFO Events E-Book) Important UFO Sightings Of The 2000's - Almost 100 Pages
- This is a special website I've set up for an overview of each UFO book on this listing.
- UFOs - What IF - 2008-2009
- ► 2014 (111)
- ► 2013 (299)
- ► 2012 (293)
- ► 2011 (275)
- ▼ April (2)
- ► 2009 (28)
- ► 2008 (15)
UDCC Posts Of Broad Interest Prior To 2010
- Should Mainstream Media DEMAND To See The Outcome Of FAA UFO Reports Given to Robert Bigelow?
- Strange UFO `Thoughts' As The Decade Ends-Begins Without American Disclosure
- Could These `Chile Lights' Be What Systematic UFO Disclosure Looks Like?
- What The UK's Ministry Of Defense's Shut Down Of UFO Investigations Could Mean For Disclosure
- Could Jesse Ventura's TruTv Show Help UFO Disclosure?
- Exopolitics Movement Discredited By Stupid Prediction Of Obama Alien Disclosure
- Web' Predicts Obama Alien Disclosure On Nov. 27th?
- Exopolitics Greer - Makes Disclosure Plea
- Are Humans `Entertainment' For BILLION Year Old Entiites?
- Awareness Of The 1952 Washington D.C. UFO Flap
- The Outrageous Possibilities Raised By The Mexico Orb Releasing UFO
- Over The Top `UFO Abduction' Videos -- Ignore? Or, Watch?